Old October 24th 17, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default V3 at the 2018 convention?

I wonder why S-H put took up panel space for tow cable release. Schleicher has had the tow release on the cockpit sidewall since the early 1990's when the ASW-24 was designed. I know in my glider my pane is completely full, and the older I get the larger screen I want on my computer. I certainly hope if S-H has a follow on to their Quintus they will put the release off the panel but high on cockpit sidewall.

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 4:06:58 AM UTC-7, krasw wrote:
It would be interesting to know why JS went only half-way to fully optimized wing-fuselage intersection that Mu31 has. Maybe they couldn't solve practical problems of ground handling (Mu31 has 3 part wing) or mass production?

The Schempp's "redesigned, roomier a-fuselage" is getting bit tired after so many years of repetition. It has same shape that was introduced with Ventus-a in early 80's. I simply can not understand how they can build roomier cockpit that has identical shape and material thickness of few millimeters. Sure you can redesign everything that's inside fuselage shell but it is still the same tiny fuselage that fits 70% scale pilot.