Old January 31st 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cooperman

Default Glider destroyed by lightning

On Jan 31, 4:15*pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Jan 31, 8:00*am, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

Seems hard to tell for me as well Graeme. Perhaps you should do more to
certify donations are for a no-profit charity.

Its not really chartity. You give him money, he takes 5% as a service
fee. He then donate the money (along with a gov't grant he knows how
to match it with). So, yes a charity gets money but he's for-profit
himself...

-Robert

I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR, NO WAY I AM MAKING ANY MONEY ON THIS.

You don’t give me any money.
All money that is donated online goes to Justgiving who provide the
service.

My story is true, if you type the three words:- glider lightning
parachute into Google you will see a BBC News web page confirming the
story http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/558095.stm.

You will also see the accident report on the Google page
http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~cline/...t%20report.htm

Failing that you could always contact the London Gliding Club Direct.
It is from here that I flew when the accident happened. It is also
where I am returning for the flight. Contact details can be found on
their web page:- http://www.londonglidingclub.co.uk/

Justgiving is company used by many charities in England details of
which can been seen on their web page http://www.justgiving.com/

On the justgiving home page you can search for friends, type my name
'Graeme Cooper' and you will find my fundraising page:-
http://www.justgiving.com/big40reachfortheskiesagain

6,464,618 people have helped raise £367,182,396 for 6,013 charities
using Justgiving (according to their home page.)

This page explains the 5% fee that Justgiving (NOT ME!!!) gets. For
those UK citizens the Govenment give extra money in Gift Aid so the
Charity gets more than the £1 donated even after the fees have been
deducted, please see:- http://www.justgiving.com/statements/about_us/fee.asp

It is true that donations from outside the UK will not qualify for the
Governments Gift Aid. So the charity will receive less than the £1 you
donate as Justgivin (NOT ME) will take 5% + credit card fee. If that
worries you and if you still wish to support me and my chosen charity
then donations can be left on the Parkinson's Disease Society's home
page although I will be unaware of it.

As for the Parkinson’s Disease Society, details of this charity can
been seen on their web page:- http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/

Now hopefully this has cleared this up and find my story of interest.

Messages of support would be nicer!

Regards
Graeme