Old April 27th 04, 08:40 AM
Mark Davies

Dear Nowhere!!

If you actually knew anything at all about this you
would know that the nickname of plastic pig was actually
regarding the earlier Twin Astir and NOT the completly
different Twin II Acro on which thousands of people
have learnt to fly. And as for the AD banning aerobatics,
again if you knew what you were talking about you would
know that the Twin II Acro limitations have been lifted
to allow it to do the same aerobatics (including spinning)
as a K13, only rolling and inverted is still currently
unallowed without modification and this type of flying
is definitaly only for those who have recieved training
in this fine art.
An Acro can be taken out in stronger winds (with care)
than you would do with a K13 and the maintenance will
be a lot less on a GRP 2 seater than an ageing K13.
The K13 is a nice glider, I learnt to fly on one but
times move on, I am sure the old pilots flying T21's
and T31's reacted the same when the K13 came along.
Let go of your inhibitions and move with the times
or else you may stay nowhere for ever!.

At 04:36 27 April 2004, Nowhere wrote:
If you REALLY NEED the extra L/D for flying farther
afield that MIGHT
be a slight reason to consider the Acro. Other than
that replacing an
ASK13 with a trailerless Acro would probably be a bad
move. Actually,
with no trailer available you would have to be even
more conservative
and stay closer to the field with the Acro than the
ASK13. The Acro
also hasn't been given the 'plastic pig' nickname for
nothing. Heavy
to fly, heavy to rig and, currently, not even aerobatic
thank's to an
A.D.

mark