Old July 13th 14, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default Buying a Pegasus 101A

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:56:56 PM UTC-4, ACF wrote:
There are a couple of Pegasus 101A gliders on wings and wheels want ads with around 500 hours of flight time for $20k. How significant is the 3000 hour life limit when the glider only has 500 hours (claimed)? Seems like a good deal but what am I missing?

No factory support as they (Centrair) are out of business. They were licensed by Schleicher to build the ASW-20 (F model) but failed to live up to their part of the agreement, and after some legal action and their business ineptitude went belly up. That experience soured Schleicher from ever again farming out production. I was the US Schleicher rep at the time (1974-1987).