Old July 13th 14, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA

Default Buying a Pegasus 101A

Karl is incorrect when he claims that the company is "belly up" and does not provide support. The Type Certificate is now (and has been for years) handled by a company called "Societe Nouvelle Centrair" and is located at the original factory at Le Blanc aerodrome in France.

S.N. Centrair has issued numerous Service Bulletins over the years (the last just a few months ago). They continue to provide parts and advice, but it helps if you speak French and are willing to pony up some Euros for an aircraft that has been out of production for over a decade.

As far as the 3,000 hour life limit in the USA, S.N. Centrair has been most helpful with advice, documentation and correspondence as Bob Carlton and I have attempted to get this issue resolved with the FAA.

Without going into detail, we believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't a train. Stay tuned for a major announcement within (hopefully) a few weeks.