Old July 13th 14, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default Buying a Pegasus 101A

On Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:23:55 AM UTC-4, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:40:58 PM UTC-7, Mark628CA wrote:

Karl is incorrect when he claims that the company is "belly up" and does not provide support...

So, if Centrair is still in business, who is this "SN Centrair" who seems to be acting on their behalf?

I reached out to SN Centrair a short while ago since I was interested in importing a Marianne, a two-seat trainer. The original Centrair made the same blunder in their US certification process and limited the life-time to 3,000 hours of flight time. After waiting for a response for around two weeks, I got an e-mail stating that there were no attempts to change that and the main focus of SN Centrair now is making parts for Airbus. Sadly, I had to drop my plans despite the fact that the Marianne seems to be an attractive trainer compared to others, far more expensive ones, made in the Fatherland..
Uli