Old July 15th 14, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Default Buying a Pegasus 101A

A Pegasus with 500 FH is not a real issue as it relates to the current 3,000 FH "US only" limit. Furthermore, as Mark indicated, there is a competent team right now working with the FAA and Centrair to get the situation hopefully sorted out. $20k for a standard class ship with 40 L/D is a steal by any standard. The customer service out of the Centrair team is overall good. The parts that I have needed in the last few years were always "on the shelves" and my technical questions always received an answer within one-two weeks. There is also a Yahoo group "Fly4pegasus" available for owners and other Pegasus enthusiasts! As highlighted above, the drum brake is not the most effective but Beringer has now an STC that is worth considering.