Old January 7th 18, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Spot tracker renewal

Bastids did the same to me. Noticed the charge, called and they said yeah we have a record of you canceling back in August. They did refund my card, and said I was really canceled this time. We'll see. Canceling spot is a fun multi step process.
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 8:35:25 AM UTC-4, AS wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:34:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Canceled my Spot subscription today. Tried doing it online message said I had to call. Got a rep instantly, they simply asked if I would renew if they gave me a discount of $65. Said no, and they canceled my subscription(works for the current paid for year.) Have heard the hassle stories, maybe the rep I got was too tired to read the douchy re-up rebuttal scripts.

I did cancel my subscription a while ago - or so I thought - and to my surprise - the renewal showed up on my cc bill. Called them and asked to reverse the charge but I was already beyond a certain cut-off date (30 days or so), so no refund. I asked to remove my cc info from their records. That seemed to have done the trick. I didn't see an auto-renewal this year.
The customer service rep I dealt with was very friendly and professional compared to some other d-bags one has to endure at other places.

Uli
'AS'