Old December 20th 03, 07:04 AM
Nathan Young

wrote in message ...
Hey all... just figured I'd try to gather some opinions on the feasiblity of a
cross-country flight (VA-WI-VA) this time of year. I'm primarily concerned with the
longevity of icing conditions. For those who fly in the area, how long would one expect to
get stuck for this problem in a typical light spam-can?

not-intending-to-start-another-icing-flamewar

Icing in the midwest can be a bear to wait out. You can easily wait
2-3 days for icing to clear out.

Last year - we flew Chicago to Naples and back. The way down was VMC,
but on the way home, we spent two nights in Chattanooga waiting for
freezing rain to turn into something better.

Trying again this year on the 28th. I'm sure it will be tailwinds and
VMC the entire trip

-Nathan