Old November 8th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Default When trailers go bad OR How not to tow your Wright Brothers machine

Jim,

Skeerd yet? That thing's got over 7,000 miles on it!

I think you may have a point about the fore/aft balance. Truth is, I
havn't checked the balance with a set of scales since I first built it.
I've only weighed the tongue. That's going to be step one of the
rebuild... to get the balance right. Even so, the last balast test
involved loading 480 lbs. of sandbags in the aft end. There was a
definite improvement, but it was still unstable.

I've had another idea that the 2x4 wood framing in the deck could be
replaced by steel angle if I can find it cheap enough. I might also be
able to use a set of plastic "sprayer tanks" for the balast system.

And yet another thought. That I should ditch that Chineese frame and
just weld my own. HA! A bona fide excuse to buy a welding torch.

Harry