Old July 21st 17, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air Sailing Regional Contest

I'm impressed with the academy guys who have 3 years or less cross country experience. When I got started in soaring, I didn't come home on a regular basis for 10 years!
Come join us,
JJ

Thanks for prompting a memory, JJ (and I agree re AFA). I still remember my first finish--in a 1-26 at Richmond, IN, the former home of the Caesar Creek Soaring Club (nee Soaring Society of Dayton)--after years of DNFs. Probably around 1970. I was still a kid and tried to sound casual about it on the radio but it was a HUGE thrill!

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"