Old July 12th 05, 03:57 PM
Steve Foley

I once had a ten-second instruction. Nobody logged it.

I was flying around in circles, and the airport owner (CFI) asked if I could
fly him 4.2 miles to another airport. I said sure.

As we were flying over, I thought to myself that this was the first time I
had flown with an instructor, but wasn't receiving instruction.

As I was on the downwind, about to turn base, Gregg reached over and pulled
the power. He said "You just lost your engine - where are you going to
land".

I replied "In those trees - just short of the runway", as I pushed the power
back in.

wrote in message
Hello,

I can't find a reference for this in the FAR/AIM.

The question, in the context of FAA IR training, is whether

a) I (assume I am legally PIC in the airspace in question) can carry a
CFII as a mere passenger, and

b) can the instructor take over as an instructor at an agreed point in
the flight

c) can the instructor revert to being a passenger at an agreed point
after the training took place

I am sure the answer to a) must be yes - it would be silly otherwise.
It's b) and c) I am not sure about.

Any response would be very interesting - with references please if
anyone feels this is illegal.