Old January 15th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Identify this video, please...

"Tony Goetz" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote...
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...6-merlins.mpeg

Can anyone give me some information on this remarkable video? It's
wonderfully clear footage of Merlin-powered Spitfires and Mosquitos,
but it looks too new to be original World War II footage.

It almost looks like Hollywood-quality stuff, but the guy who sent it
in didn't know its origin.

Thanks!

Jay,

While I don't know the background of the video, I do believe it's 100% CGI
(maybe some of the backgrounds are real). Below is the website it's off of
originally. Check out some of his other videos - some are obviously CG,
but
some clips could easily pass for the real thing. I love that mosquito
video
though!

http://www.angel.ne.jp/~tochy/

-Tony Goetz

I completely disagree. Even the best CG stuff is pretty obvious if you know
what you're looking at. The stuff in The Aviator, Independance Day, etc. is
obviously fake. This footage is the real thing.

KB