Old August 6th 03, 05:19 AM

David Bromage wrote:
JD wrote:

I personally like Brash's suggestion of the F-15s. Lease them of the
Yanks with a clause that states if the JSF is late, we keep the F-15s
for free until the JSF turns up. Fat chance but. Expensive purchase of
munitions to begin with, unless what we've got in store are
compatible?

What can our F-111s carry that an F-15E can't?

A former -111 jock (yet another ex-jock who loves flying trikes) said
he used to fly low level at 510 kts to 1.1 mach at 100 ft AGL hand
flying or 200 feet on the auto terrain following system in the weather
and 400 feet AGL at night in the weather. He said the F-15E can't go
near as fast, near as far, or carry the Vark's payload. He said the
ride was smoother too, but admits the F-15E can easily out-turn
the F-111.

-Mike Marron