Old January 18th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma[_2_]

Default VFR flight to KMEI Flight Following with ATC comms - Video

VFR flight to Meridian Key Field, Meridian MS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrAtUkYtqg

Pop up VFR flight following requested. ATC and intercom
communications included in whole video..

Thought it was strange that KMEI tower would ask me to report 3 mile
left base when they had radar coverage. I was about set up for a
straight in approach (30 degree heading off centerline)

Even stranger was the request for me to report clear of airspace delta
after the touch and go. I got tongue tied on that response as you
will see.

Any idea why these type of request would have been made by Tower since
they indicated they had radar?