Old March 14th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Requesting ATC help to find Runway with ATC COMS - Video

Requesting ATC help to find Runway with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXeNsdFVTs

One of my greater fears of operating at a controlled airport came to
fruitation. I wasn't able to positively identify the runway even with
using my DG for orientation purposes and I just wasn't going to line
up for final until I was assured I am landing on a runway. Sooo, ATC
came to my rescue and this turned out to be a non event.

8 minute Video starts with take off at KMBO, landing KJAN and landing
KHKS (airport that I had troubles finding runway) Video includes in
plane conversation with a pilot who was with me. For purposes of
video, audio from KJAN to KHKS was time compressed by removing periods
of silence.