Old December 13th 03, 07:20 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:47:59 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Our new rec.aviation "Rogue's Gallery" of pictures.

Since our new website is obviously becoming more popular with you folks
every day, I need some advice on how to proceed:

1. I'd vote against anonymous postings. They are after all a sharing
of our planes with others. I have no real problem not including the
base, but I do think names and states should be included.

I can't think of a valid reason for not posting the information.

1. Should I include "anonymous" posters? I have received pictures from
several folks who do not wish to use their real names, have their "N"
numbers visible, or have their home bases publicized. To me this seems
bizarre, since the whole point of "showing off" your plane is to "show
off" -- and how can you do *that* anonymously? Still, I've posted a
couple of them, but I'm not sure of how to proceed. It's YOUR page -- what
do you folks think?

2. The page is slowing waaaay down. I really like the format of the page,
but as it grows it's getting really slow to open. How's it running for you?
Too slow? Okay, yet? How slow is too slow?

I haven't noticed it slowing, but I'm on ADSL.
Course I lost the page URL and haven't been able to find it again.

3. Should I include email addresses? I've not included them, thus far --
but I thought it might be valuable to have an email "directory" of
participants?

Only if the user says it's OK.
I use specific addresses that get posted like that. Lordy, I even get
spam to the webmaster and support addresses for some sites.
If you want I'll send you a different one than what was on my e-mail.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Return address modified due to dumb virus checkers

Thanks for your help!