Old October 31st 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay

Default lead tail ballast

One of our local PIK-20D pilots - who happens to own a machine shop -
replaced the aluminum tail wheel with a stainless steel tail wheel that
he manufactured himself. Perfectly balanced and just about exactly the
weight you are looking for. If you care to contact me directly, I will
put you in touch.

wrote:
Over the years ,my PIK20D ,not to mention my self ,has gained some
weight.
The cg with me aboard is now located forward of the mid range although
still
within limits.

I would like to add about 6 pounds of lead to the tail to shift the cg
to the rear
half of the allowable range. Anyone know the best way to attach the
lead tail
ballast?

pik20_d9