Old May 3rd 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Lee McGee

Default 150's and 172's about the only planes flying!!

Check out something more modern, for example if a trainer something like the
Diamond DA-20 Eclipse. With an O-235 engine the DA-20 climbs 1,000 fpm and
goes about 150mph, all for little 100LL. The DA-20 rents for only $83 per
hour wet locally. We also have a small airport out here, Palo Alto (PAO)
which has 400 small airplanes on the field. The flying club I belong to
there has about 60 airplanes of many different types. Aviation is not
dead, not even close. See www.wvfc.org for that flying club info and list
of its rental airplanes, this is typical for California and the West where
the economy is good and all is well.

Lee McGee
Mount Aukum, California

"if you think you can't afford something, go make more money. this is not
rocket science."

"Peter R." wrote in message
On 4/30/2007 5:42:08 PM, wise purchaser wrote:

Flew my Cessna '150/150 (Sipping MOGAS) today to the local
airport to get some maint items done. FBO told me the only airplanes
flying anymore are 150's, 172's, small pipers and a few other single
engine MOGAS sipping airplanes!!

Based on your other posts, this looks like nothing but a troll, but for
discussion purposes the lack of others flying will be a bad thing for you
someday, too, since this will result in airports closing up, maintenance
shops and FBOs going out of business, and an industry disappears.

What you think doesn't affect you will.

--
Peter