Old May 3rd 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
nrp

Default 150's and 172's about the only planes flying!!

Itinerant traffic at KSSQ has gone to about zero, even with the
excellent VFR WX this spring. This is an airport with insrument
approaches, close to town in vacationland, good for $100 hamburgers, &
no noise problem. We do not have fuel or an FBO, but the City is
supportive of the airport. Even the airport neighbors are talking
about it. Everyone active is old & selling their airplanes. Good
hangar space is available for renters, and land is available at a good
rate for future hangar-builders.

Soon I will have to go to the Council for ~$50K for their share of a
runway upgrade program. I am VERY concerned about the collapse of
traffic, and don't know what to do about it.