Old May 10th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Default Skyhawk vs. Mooney

Grant wrote:

Ok, ok, all sounds good, now I'm wondering how a Cardinal sizes up to
all of this. I kinda like what they have to offer. But maybe I'm
naive, good chance.

Roomier than either of your previous inquiries (need to watchout that you
don't overload it). Fuel burns about the same, but is faster than the 172
(has all metal fuel tanks as well). Its nice to not have the wing struts
but the Cardinal sits lower to the ground than the 172 so you'll typically
end up creasing your nose on the flaps or wing backside. It gets along on
the standard 150/160hp but its a much better bird with 180hp or the 200hp
of the retract version...