Old April 11th 04, 08:19 PM
John R. Copeland

"Peter R." wrote in message =
Judah wrote:=20
=20
Because the proper response to "was that for N12345" is from the=20
controller, and is either "no" or a repeat of the call.

=20
Since the call is going to be repeated regardless, the obvious point=20
here is to simply not say anything and await the repeat. Saying "was=20
that for blah, blah" just uselessly clutters the frequency even more.
=20
=20
--=20
Peter
=20

Under one circumstance, I'll say "blocked".
If I hear my own call just before the beginning of the squeal,
I'm likely to transmit: "Blocked. Say again for Nxxxx."
It saves the wait time for the controller to decide I'm not responding.
---JRC---