Old April 29th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

Default Kinda sad (Thread drifting as usual)

In article ,
"Rich S." wrote:

"Steve Hix" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rich S." wrote:

Wasn't even thinking of the "build it for me" market, frankly.

The whole (original) concept of the EAA was to provide support for the
amateur-built, experimental builders and flyers.

Which they still seem to be doing. If not strictly to everyone's liking.

Which is, of course, a bit off of the OP's point about the EAA's seeming
ignorance of aircraft costing less than a King's ransom. My fault, as I
drifted along.

I thought we was supposed to drift. Nice warm afternoon, in the kayak,
in the shade...

I'll go back and read the original post to refresh my ancient mind as to the
subject of the discussion.

Somehow, what sticks in my mind was someone's statement that the costs
of homebuilt aircraft kits (and S-LSA aircraft) had gotten so expensive
that pre-retired persons were going to be able to afford them, and we'd
never see any of the more recent generation(s) entering GA.

And I'm wondering why all the old, but still flyable/refurbishable,
Champs, T-Craft, and similar used experimentals had suddenly disappeared.

At least, they *used* to fill the gap between ultralights and commercial
ready-to-fly offerings.