Old March 23rd 13, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_3_]

Default Buying a 1-35 pros and cons?

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 13:13:28 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Does anyone have any inside info on the pros / cons of buying a 1-35. I am interested in learning cross country. I am mostly looking to hear from any current or former 1-35 owners.

I flew one briefly in the Seventies and wasn't exactly thrilled. The
two-stage flap control with the disengaging levers seemed like an
accident waiting to happen, and the stick had a remarkably abrupt
center detent that felt much like a cheap PC joystick.

On the plus side, it could beat the heck out of Standard-class glass
in a short-field landing contest.

rj.