Old September 11th 18, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

On 09/11/2018 02:08 AM, wrote:
Hi Chris, not sure if that would fix every problem. We have had a major fire in Australia possibly caused by a fuel leak from one engine while the other started - creating an ignition source. Although at work I fly with four jets I think the simplicity of simply using a larger jet would be nice, (Jet Arcus etc)
Tom

Sometimes even four jets aren't enough. 707 lost #3 due to pylon
failure, wiped off #4.

Took a special aircrew to get it back on the ground with two engines
missing and the wing damaged and on fire.

https://aviation-safety.net/database...?id=19920331-0