Old January 14th 05, 03:29 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message
news
"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
so I bought myself a pressure multiplier (I was worried about hot
starts). It's a simple SMC unit that mechanically multiplies air pressure

by
4x, up to 280-300 psi or so. I have a converted 100# propane tank to hold
the air, which I pressurize to 280 and regulate to 145 psi. It works
GREAT
though it takes a while to do its job.

With the air multiplier, you have the pressure, but do you still have the
volume (cubic feet per minute)?

I'm concerned that when I dump the air into
the engine, the drop in pressure is cooling the air so much that it
interferes with the start process and the fuel mist doesn't light up like

it
did in the past.

APUs are designed to start at altitude where the temperature may be minus
40C.

The Microturbo Couguar is not an APU. It's a turbojet engine designed to
power small aircraft or drones.

Juan