Old September 8th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RandyL[_2_]

Default Carb heat: my new policy. Any comments

"Tman" x@x wrote in message
. ..
Flying a lot of 152s and 172s with carb heat lately. When inbound, I've I
think I'm going to follow a new SOP. Turn the carb heat off on mid-final.
Reasoning: no carb, esp a warm one is going to ice up in 30 seconds, sets
me up better for a go-around, and will prevent this stumble business (I
did test it out at altitude, and it prevents or at least seriously
mitigates the stumble).

thoughts?

Then again, how hard is it to shove in the carb heat knob while you advance
the throttle in a Cessna? They are right next to each other. I have always
just pushed in the carb heat knob at the same time as I advance the
throttle, not that difficult to do, even using the same hand.

Randy L.
--
Remember: Any landing that you can walk away from,
is a landing that you can be fined, sued, or prosecuted for.