Old September 8th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Default Carb heat: my new policy. Any comments

Tman wrote:
pretty accepted performance around here by some of the other more
experienced pilots -- there recommendation is in line with a few of the
posts here -- some combination of: don't pull the throttle to cutoff,
lean it out on downwind, push in the carb heat on short final, push the
throttle in more slowly, and/or don't worry about the momentary
hesitation / stumble

Sounds pretty reasonable; you can't blame every engine stumble on carb
icing (or carb heat), and I remember watching a fellow student do
go-arounds and hearing the hiccup as he jammed in full power in the "go"
part of each touch-and-go.