Old June 10th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cfinn

Default BFR?

At the discretion of the instructor, the flight and ground instruction
could count toward the Flight Review. However, sperate sign off
entries would need to be made in your log book.

On Jun 10, 11:43*am, Nyal Williams wrote:
Intuitively and without looking at the regs (in other words, a blind
guess): *

A new rating in another class/category requires the issuance of a new
certificate and presumes instruction to a specific level of competence and
examination to demonstrate that, so no BFR is required. *This is a new
beginning.

The BFR is a formalized procedure requiring both flight and ground
instruction. *A Self Launch endorsement does not rise to the level of
either of the above, so it would not count.

At 14:37 10 June 2008, jb92563 wrote:

Here is another spin on the BFR question:

If I get a Self Launch endorsement in my log book for my glider
rating, is that
considered a flight review for the purposes of the BFR requirements?

In other words can I substitute a Self Launch Endorsement for a
regular BFR?

Ray- Hide quoted text -