Old June 11th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default BFR?

To be absolutely clear, NO. The self launch endorsement is not by itself
a BFR. At his discretion the instructor who gives you this endorsement
can make it a part of a BFR, but the BFR must included other things as
well.

At 22:56 10 June 2008, BT wrote:
only if the instructor signing off the endorsement also adds the words
flight review IAF 61.56
"jb92563" wrote in message
Here is another spin on the BFR question:

If I get a Self Launch endorsement in my log book for my glider
rating, is that
considered a flight review for the purposes of the BFR requirements?

In other words can I substitute a Self Launch Endorsement for a
regular BFR?

Ray