Old January 22nd 05, 03:21 PM
Morgans

wrote

Dear Ken,

You don't use the quick-disconnect couplings, just the straight,
one-piece fittings, over which you slide the hose, secured with safety
wire or hose-clamps.

-R.S.Hoover

You have me good and confused. If you are talking about the coupling that
comes three of one kind and one of the other kind in a pack, and are quick
connect, the three are of the "male" designation, not the female as you
posted. Then, of course, you can get male or female pipe threads on either
of the types of couplings.

Or are you talking about the barbed fittings you can get that are used for
air hose repairs?

I like reading your write-ups, but this one lost me.
--
Jim in NC