Old March 10th 04, 02:03 PM
Paul Tomblin

Default Holds for currency requirements

I recently did 6 approaches to get back current again, but I forgot to
do a hold. My last hold was less than 6 months ago, so I'm still legal
for a few more days. What counts as a hold to fit that vaguely worded
requirement?

- A self-assigned hold while flying solo VFR in VMC?
- A self-assigned hold while flying under foggles with a safety pilot
while VFR in VMC?
- A self-assigned hold while flying under foggles with a CFII
while IFR in VMC?
- A controller assigned hold while IFR in VMC?
- A controller assigned hold while IFR in IMC?
- A hold on a PC-ATD?

Also, what constitutes a hold?
- Doing the entry?
- Doing one full circuit?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
`And when you've been *plonk*ed by Simon C., you've been *plonked*