Old April 15th 15, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default K2 vs. StarkPower LiFePo4 batteries

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 11:53:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Here is my e-mail conversation with the TechRep at K2.

I want to wire two 12v10aH K2 batteries in a parallel circuit to yield a 12v20aH pack. Is this acceptable? Will a single K2 charger charge both batteries simultaneously?

Great product!

Thanks, Mark

Yes, you can wire them in parallel and still use our charger to charge them up. Note, if you are dealing with high amperage, the parallel wiring doesn't mean double the max amperage.

Best Regards,

Mark Stoker

K2 Energy Solutions, Inc.

Running 2 batteries always connected in parallel is/can be a bit different than having 2 batteries charged off a single charger in parallel.
A lot comes down to the state of charge in each battery when you start charging them as well as what (if any) circuitry is inside the battery.