Old August 16th 03, 09:41 PM
Stan Gosnell

"Chris" wrote in
m:

One thing I learn from my days flying Hueys- if you're on a check-ride
and the IP asks if it's alright with you if he "lights one up", the
answer was always - sure, go right ahead! It helped immensely on the
outcome of that ride.

Absolutely. And I never cared, because I smoked, too. You never wanted a
cranky CW3 grading your ride - get some nicotine in his system (make sure
he has plenty of caffeine before you go out also) and he's much easier to
live with.

I swore when I quit that I would never be a 'reformed smoker' so I don't
complain about other people smoking, I just wish I had never started. Lots
of money burned up, nevermind the lung damage, although they were dirt
cheap at the commissary. I was paying $1.86/carton in Germany in 1982 when
I got out. The sticker shock in the civilian world was a big incentive to
quit.

--
Regards,

Stan