Old March 30th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default H2AD Question

In article ,
"Capt.Doug" wrote:

One of the fellows I fly with is building an RV-3 with an O-320-H2AD
Lycoming. He has searched the Web for an answer but didn't know about Usenet
till now.

His question concerns the mechanical fuel pump. It is located on the front
of that series of engine. Has anyone runs fuel lines under the engine to the
front without vapor lock issues? Or does anyone skip the mechanical pump and
install 2 electric pumps? Has anyone run the fuel lines on the top side of
the engine even it may be a fire hazard?

D.

Why would that be any more of a fire hazard than running the fuel line
under the engine? I would think that running the line in the cooler air
than near such things as exhaust pipes, etc.