Old June 4th 05, 04:29 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:11:00 GMT, Dave S
wrote:

I am absolutely no expert on this subject, so take this as a query, not
a correction: my Casio altimeter watch can easily be a hundred feet or
more off, especially if not calibrated at the start of a trip, but in a
fair amount of transcontinental and trans-Atlantic flying I've never
seen it indicate above maybe 6800 feet at most . . . ???

that is the common cabin altitude here in australia as well.
it is about the highest altitude a breathing impaired or obese person
can tolerate without respiratory distress.

on the stents issue a pilot friend had a mild coronary. got the 3
aspirin under the tongue trick and a quick trip in the ambulance.
3 stents were inserted that afternoon.
was back with a medical release and flying as a pilot in a month.

has no restrictions and has had no problems.

Stealth Pilot