Old November 26th 03, 06:04 PM
Dashi

Does Xplane have flying lessons, if so, do them all to completion and you
will learn the gauges this way.

Get a book like "Rod Machado's Private Pilot Handbook" which will help you
learn everything that you need to know.

Recommend starting off with a Cessna 172 to make things easier for yourself.

Dashi

"Roger Messer" wrote in message
om...
I've just got X-plane, and am wondering what would be the best way to
learn how to use the thing.

I need answers to questions such as:

What are the various instruments on the control panels. Is there a
'hint' mode, where floating the mouse above an instrument can reveal
its name and purpose?

I need to learn how to use the various instruments. Can anyone
recommend appropriate books (if appropriate, relevant to UK/Europe).

I need to start with some basics, for instance, taking off is no
problem, as is flying, but I have yet to find out how to identify and
set a bearing on an airport. Suffice to say, I am landing my 747 in
some pretty strange places.... :-)

Thanks for any info on useful sites, etc, if possible also send copy
to email

Mark