Old September 15th 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default XC Soaring camps

On Aug 23, 10:24*am, RAS56 wrote:
Looking for recommendations/ advice wrt attending some of the xc camps
put on by various organizations/clubs in the USA.

My time schedule is such that weekend club flying is not going to get my
skills level to where I want it to be in the time frame I'm dealing
with, so am looking for an "immersion" type of experience to truncate
the process.

I'm aware of the program out at Air Sailing, feedback on it would be
appreciated and suggestions or reviews of other sites would also be
appreciated.

A Central US location would be a bonus to keep road time to a minimum
from my Texas residence.

Thanks in advance!

RAS

--
RAS56

Soaring Society of Boulder has a camp most years at Dalhart, Texas.
It often includes early XC pilots and a few from other states. The
area is considered generally safe for landing out and will include
some mentors (and maybe even crew).

Frank Whiteley