Old January 14th 05, 02:18 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 14 Jan 2005 09:44:06 GMT, Andrew Warbrick
wrote:

How? As stated in the report the Puch spins readily
but recovers very easily.

It is actually difficult for us to teach proper spin
recover in the Puch simply because it recovers so easily.

Considering the sheer number of spin accidents with instructors on
board of Puchacz I dare to doubt that statement.

The danger is that a pilot gets the impression 'all
I have to do to recover is relax the back pressure'
that'll kill you in a glider with genuinely nasty spin
recovery characteristics like the DG500.

DG500 nasty spin recovery characteristics?
Which ones? I'm doing a lot of spin training in the DG-505 with 17.2m
wingtips and the spin behaviour is really nice.

Bye
Andreas