Old July 20th 04, 11:23 AM
R Haskin

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:04:34 GMT,

In '83 we got the entire AT-38 fleet painted in a standard
blue-blue-gray gloss camo. That's still what is used by the 435th
doing the fighter lead-in portion of the SUPT syllabus.

IFF AT-38Cs are actually now painted in the 2-tone light gray paint scheme
used by the F-16.

Back circa '99 the decision was made by AETC to repaint both SUPT and IFF
T-38s a strange 2-tone gray color which we called the "cow" or "Gateway"
paint job. The idea was that all T-38s would be T-38Cs, and theoretically
interchangeable between missions and units.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...8C_Horn/02.jpg

The IFF guys were able to convince AETC to allow a new, different paint
scheme on IFF jets to reflect their "fighter" status, and thus this new
paintjob was born. They started getting this F-16 style paintjob in 2003
and the fleet is getting repainted as they go through depot.

http://www.flybyaviation.com/T-38C%2...003%20copy.jpg