Old August 12th 03, 01:32 PM
Hank Nixon

Default Biting the (weather) hand that feeds

Jack wrote in message link.net...
PS: I can't resist adding that the Uvalde pilot was, to the best of my
knowledge, _not_ a BLIPMAP user since noone has registered under that
name and I have not received an email, a user survey, or a DrJack forum
posting from that individual. As I stated, I think BLIPMAP users are
aware, supportive, and appreciative of FSL efforts which benefit soaring
pilots, efforts which go beyond those of a typical research facility.

Sadly this is another example of one person's gift becoming another
person's expectation.
Dr Jack has done yeoman service in pioneering a tremendous level of
near real time soaring information. This, as he mentions, uses similar
efforts by others.
I thank Jack and all the others and hope we can continue to benefit
from his pioneering efforts.
WELL DONE AND THANKS!
UH