Old February 10th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Steven P. McNicoll

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

About the only function of FSS that I use on a regular basis is flight
watch. I don't see any way to automate that. But, it certainly could be
centralized. I'm already talking to a person 100s of miles away; what
difference does it make where he's sitting? And what difference does it
make if he's sitting at a radio console in a building that says "FSS" on
the door or one that says "ATC" on the door?

Even in-flight weather is now available from sources other than FSS.