Old July 7th 07, 02:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.models.scale,alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Alaskan A-10 - "81-0993, Aug 1, 1989, McChord AFB, Scott R Wilson .jpg" 208.1 KBytes

Any of you guys out there who are modelers and might be interested in doing
a 1/48 model of this A-10, 81-0993? I photographed this airplane at McChord
AFB on
August 1, 1989. Coincidentally, at the same time I worked with the guy who
painted the "FAIRBANKS" markings on it, Art Chase. Art had been at Eielson
AFB before being assigned to McChord shortly before 993 paid us a visit at
McChord.
Anyway, I happen to know a well-respected decal company is doing an Alaska
A-10 decal sheet and this jet will be one of the choices on that sheet.
I've supplied my photos of 993 to them. I've also got the decal company and
Art Chase in contact with each other, so these decals should be pretty
darned accurate. The decals should be ready for release during the upcoming
IPMS Nationals. The decals will probably only be released in 1/48 scale. If
you want a 1/32 scale or 1/72 scale sheet let me know and I'll forward that
to the decal company.
If there is anyone out there interested in modeling this airplane, I have
close-up photos of all of the markings I could post here or send directly to

you.
Scott Wilson

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81-0993, Aug 1, 1989, McChord AFB, Scott R Wilson .jpg
Views:	636
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	13713