Old June 3rd 08, 10:15 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
JJS[_2_]

Default Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:52:00 -0700,
(JJS)
wrote:

Your Afro-American experience is an excellent parallel.

I don't see the parallel.

Providing barely earned advantages to all 2.5 million Tibetans in a
population of 1.3 billion Chinese is no problem at all. But these
advantages must still be earned regardless of at how low a level.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

Joe

I thought my reply was pretty clear on that. The sun will surely
rise tomorrow morning and the world will revolve as it had always done
since time began. Whether anyone wants it or not.

Tibet will be developed whether they want it or not.

Agreed. I don't see an alternative for Tibet. It's too bad that the
Tibetans don't have a stronger say in what happens to their country.
Or should I say their part of China?

The parallel with your Afro-American community is that there is no
lack of effort and no shortage of funding to raise the educational
standards and employability of their chilkdren. Your best brains and
your best intentions all had their go at the problem and there isn't
even a language problem. Yet Afro-Americans, as a community, are
falling behind further than ever.

One can only do one's best. If for all that effort and it still
doesn't work one can only keep trying. But feel guilt? Nah.

Oh I don't think anyone thought for a moment that the Chinese leadership
was feeling anything like guilt over their actions in Tibet. ;^)

Guilt
over nebulous concepts is an American disease.

Then one point for the home team!

Joe