Old February 12th 04, 07:00 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Stephen Harding" wrote in message
ArtKramr wrote:

Why would this "correct tactic" not be universally applied to all
theaters of the ETO by 1944? (I'm assuming the distances to/from
targets aren't especially longer than from England, nor the supply
of escorts significantly different for Italian versus English
based AFs).

I'm not convinced they are good assumptions and I'd be
grateful if anyone has a few facts that we can examine
before making that judgement

What were the relative strengths of the bomber and fighter forces ?

How strong was the Luftwaffe in each region ?

What were the typical targets ?

How strong were the defenses in comparison ?

Keith