Old March 7th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Leanne

Default Prepare For Boot Camp

Before I left for my boot camp, that I should keep my eyes and ears open and
my mouth shut.

Leanne MGySgt USMC, ret
Avionics Maint Chief

wrote in message
oups.com...
You have a one time opportunity to get the competitive edge you need
to not only successfully complete Marine recruit training, but also to
EXCEL at it.
Some recruits who perform exceptionally well at boot camp are rewarded
with fast promotions.
The reality of it is, you not only prepare for the marines, but you
have to prepare for Boot Camp itself, or you will be hit like a ton of
bricks.
There is no way for you to really fully understand what or why a drill
instructor is performing his right to have you do a course 10 times
until you puke, or why he is picking you instead of other recruits.
Every recruit experiences being singled out by their drill instructor,
some much more than others.
Boot camp is psychologically unorganized. You will quickly find out
that if you do something wrong, and you don't know how to verbally
explain yourself, you will wind up in a world of hurt. The instructors
will quickly team up on you, and then you will end up on their ****
list.
So do you think you have what it takes to "fit in" and impress
everyone? You better THINK AGAIN!
Now there are a few recruits that slide through the whole process, and
never even have one single problem, but those recruits either had some
type of boot camp training before, had taken my course, or
instinctively made the right moves at the right time.
Boot Camp is one mean, tough place, and I am going to show you how to
conquer USMC Boot Camp easily avoiding conflict and focusing on your
performance as a young Marine.
http://bootcampjup.blogspot.com/#