Old March 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Prepare For Boot Camp

vincent p. norris wrote:
Don't be first. Don't be last. And never, ever volunteer:-)

I've heard that many times, but when I was a lowly PFC I volunteered
for flight training. I've never regretted it!!!!

vince norris

Well, I was *not* drafted (volunteer x1) and did three USN flight tours
(volunteer x2) ... great fun, occasional high pucker moments, but zero
regrets.

On the other hand, except for opportunity to break away from the pack
and test for special programs...it's a great boot camp survival
technique..one I wish I'd heard about *before* going:-)