Old August 25th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.motorcycles
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

Default Safety: Planes vs Bikes

On 24 Aug 2006 16:52:30 -0700, "Charles Talleyrand"
wrote:

I fly a small airplane (a Cessna 150) that is well maintained. I fly
over forests in good weather and typically during the day. My biggest
fear is the engine quits over the forest and I have no place to make a
deadstick landing except the tops of large trees.

I drive a moderate motorcycle (a Honda Nighthawk 750) at moderate
speeds through my small town and through the surrounding forests. My
biggest fears are either that I will slide on a patch of dirt on the
road and crash or someone will hit me with their car through
inattention.

I've been asked several times which of these things is more dangerous.
Can anyone provide some statistics on this?

-Thanks
-Charles Talleyrand

I don't have the URL, but I just recently read an article on
this.

I recall that it said that flying a plane, especially a small
private one, definitely places you at greater risk of landing on the
top of a large tree in the middle of a forest, and riding a motorcycle
puts you in greater danger of sliding on dirt or getting in a car
accident.

HTH.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/