Old March 11th 04, 03:07 PM
Brian Cox

"Michael 182" wrote in message news:6vH2c.516844$na.1172814@attbi_s04...
A thread in RAO referenced nice guys in aviation. Let's give them credit.
Give an example when someone went above and beyond for you.

We were flying from Denver to Milwaukee in July 2002, and skirting
some weather across Nebraska. We stopped in Fairmont, MN (FRM) for
fuel and to let the weather blow over. The attendant looked to be all
of 16 years old, very friendly and clean cut. He fueled our plane and
asked if we needed something to eat. He produced some menus from
local restaurants and let us relax in the lounge while he went to get
the food for us. We tried to tip him, which he refused. He told us
that it had been a slow day, he had already finished mowing the grass,
and was still on the clock, so might as well be earning his pay. It
reinforced my appreciation of the good folks in aviation, and also the
fact that there are a lot of really great teenagers.

Brian Cox
N3827X