Old June 21st 04, 12:23 AM
mike regish

Think I found the problem. I put in a new gasket and ran it up after
degreasing it real good. It was leaking along the side of the oil screen
housing. I took it off again and ran the bolts in by hand without the
housing in place and I couldn't get the bolt all the way in. It seems the
threads on the bottom of the bolt hole are messed up. I have a 1/4-20 bottom
tap I'm going to run in to clean up the threads. Hopefully that'll do the
trick.

mike regish

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
just a guess, but it sounds like something that might happen if the gasket
became pinched, or otherwise defective.

"mike regish" wrote in message
Did an oil change on my Tripacer. I've done them before and they're

pretty
easy. This one though, it looks like my oil screen cover is leaking like
crazy.